When you are a small business owner, you wear all the hats. You are the HR, the Transportation, the Production, and the Marketing departments, all tied up in one!
You got into business so you can focus on doing what you love, but there are so many other things in your business that demand your attention and finances is definitely one of them.
At My Accounting Partner, we know how frustrating keeping your books and fulfilling your tax obligations can be, that is why we are here to help…..
As a small business owner you have more important things to do than to keep your own books. We will show you how QuickBooks can take care of your books for you, so you can get back to the job of running your business and generating profits!
Become a “PLATINUM MONTHLY CLIENT”
As a “PLATINUM MONTHLY CLIENT” we will perform the following tasks for you on a monthly basis…
- Reconcile Your Bank Account
- Generate an Income Statement
- Generate a Balance Sheet
- Clean Up Your General Ledger
- Provide Unlimited Consultations
These tasks form the solid foundation of your small business accounting system.
Reconciling your business checking account each month allow us to keep your bank account, accounting, and taxes up-to-date.
Having us reconcile your account each month allows you to…
- Identify lost checks, lost deposits and unauthorized wire transactions.
- Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensure transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
- Know how your business is doing? You can’t really know unless all accounts are reconciled and properly accounted for on your financial statement.
- Manage your cash more effectively. Proper management of funds not only saves money, it makes money for you.
- Sleep Better. You will sleep more peacefully at night knowing your bank accounts are reconciled, in balance and that all escrow funds, accounts, checks and disbursed funds are properly accounted for.
An income statement, otherwise known as a profit and loss statement, basically adds an itemized list of all your revenues and subtracts an itemized list of all your expenses to come up with a profit or loss for the period.
An income statement allows you to…
- Track revenues and expenses so that you can determine the operating performance of your business.
- Determine what areas of your business are over-budget or under-budget.
- Identify specific items that are causing unexpected expenditures. Like phone, fax, mail, or supply expenses.
- Track dramatic increases in product returns or cost of goods sold as a percentage of sales.
- Determine your income tax liability.
A balance sheet gives you a snapshot of your business’ financial condition at a specific moment in time.
A balance sheet helps you…
- Quickly get a handle on the financial strength and capabilities of your business.
- Identify and analyze trends, particularly in the area of receivables and payables. For example, if your receivables cycle is lengthening, maybe you can collect your receivables more aggressively.
- Determine if your business is in a position to expand.
- Determine if your business can easily handle the normal financial ebbs and flows of revenues and expenses.
- Determine if you need to take immediate steps to bolster cash reserves.
- Determine if your business has been slowing down payables to forestall an inevitable cash shortage.
Balance sheets, along with income statements, are the most basic elements in providing financial reporting to potential lenders such as banks, investors, and vendors who are considering how much credit to grant you.
Maintaining a Clean General Ledger
The general ledger is the core of your company’s financial records. These records constitute the central “books” of your system. Since every transaction flows through the general ledger, a problem with your general ledger throws off all your books.
Having us review your general ledger system each month allows us to hunt down any discrepancies such as double billings or any unrecorded payments. Then we’ll fix the discrepancies so your books are always accurate and kept in tip top shape.
We are available to spend time with you so you fully understand how to interpret and utilize the financial information we provide. Our consultations are already included in our price, so please feel free to call us whenever you have a question or concern.
PLATINUM MONTHLY CLIENT
Our “PLATINUM MONTHLY CLIENT” service is our highest level of service, and recommended for all growing businesses. This level of service also includes your business and personal income taxes. You get all of your accounting, tax and consulting services in one fixed fee package.
Call us today to get started as a PLATINUM MONTHLY CLIENT.
If you’d like to receive a Free Consultation on our Small Business Accounting Service, please complete this form.
Part time CFO/Controller services
Finally, A Simple Way to Gain Clarity Around Your Revenue and Profit Goals
Are you ready to take the mystery out of reaching your revenue goals every year?
Would you like crystal clarity on how to increase your business profits?
Do you need a little help reducing any business debt you might have?
If you said yes to any of the questions above, you’re in luck; we’ve discovered a simple technique that brings clarity and direction to helping you reach your revenue, profit, and debt payoff goals. We’ve helped many of our clients cut through the complexity of their business finances with our “Revenue and Profit Strategy” services.
Revenue and Profit Breakthrough
Our “Revenue and Profit Strategy” services will:
- Provide you with clear guidance on all the ways you can make your sales numbers
- Allow you to develop “what-if” scenarios and work through their implications
- Show you where you rank when it comes to industry averages
- Help you discover profit improvement opportunities so you can keep more of what you make
- Give you a clear roadmap of where your business financials are headed in the future
Ready for More Financial Clarity?
If you’re ready to gain more clarity around your revenue and profit goals, give us a call or email us so we can provide you with a free estimate for this service.
Do You Need to Boost Your Business Cash Flow?
Are you tired of cash flow peaks and valleys in your business?
Are your business – and your cash flow – seasonal?
Are you looking for ways to pay down your business debt – or just make payroll?
If you said yes to any of the above questions, you’re not alone; thousands of small business owners sometimes have to scramble to get enough cash to cover operating expenses and their current debt obligations. The good news is there are lots of cash flow solutions that many business owners haven’t tried because they simply don’t know about them.
In fact, we have a 23-point cash flow checkup service that helps you make the changes you need so you can stop struggling with cash flow, pay down debt, and even build up cash reserves.
Cash Flow Checkup
Our “Cash Flow Checkup” services will:
- Improve your cash flow reporting so you can track and respond to issues sooner rather than later
- Help you accelerate your accounts receivable collections
- Let you know where you stand in your industry
- Identify “money leaks” and provide suggestions for how you can plug these leaks
- Recommend any systems of workflow improvement that will speed your cash flow
- Facilitate implementation of our suggestions so you get the maximum payback from our services
Ready to Boost Your Cash Flow?
If you’re ready to boost your cash flow, give us a call or email us so we can provide you with a free estimate for this service.
Profit Margin Maximization
How to Keep More of What You Make in Your Business
Do you wonder where your money is going and why there isn’t more profit left over?
Do you feel like you work a lot harder in your business than what your financial numbers show?
Are you curious about whether your prices are providing you with a decent profit or just barely covering your overhead?
If you said yes to any of the above questions, you’re not alone. When you consider how many hours you put into your business compared to the salary and profits you take home, you might wonder if there is a way to keep more of what you make. The good news is there is a way to evaluate your business’ profitability so that it can be maximized, and that’s why we created our service, “Profit Margin Maximization.”
Profit Margin Maximization
Our “Profit Margin Maximization” services will:
- Provide you with reports that can help you understand which service, product line, or individual customer contributes most to your bottom line.
- Allow you to make smart pricing decisions and see whether you are making or losing money on certain items.
- Show you opportunities for cutting costs, changing your prices, or otherwise improving your profit margins.
- Identify problems areas and money leaks that you might not otherwise know about
Ready to Maximize Your Small Business Profits?
If you’re ready to maximize your small business profits, give us a call or email us so we can provide you with a free estimate for this service.
Small Business Vitals
Want a Faster-Better-Cheaper Way to Stay on Top of Your Business’ Financial Numbers?
Do you feel like sometimes you’re drowning in a bunch of monthly financial reports with endless meaningless numbers?
Do you find your business balance sheet and income statement to be too time-consuming to interpret and even a little hard to read?
Do you want a better way to connect your financial numbers with implementable actions you can take that will improve your business profits?
If you said yes to any of the questions above, then you’re in luck. We know not all of you appreciate the accountant’s “beloved” monthly standard-issue financial reports, so we’ve come up with our “Small Business Vitals” services instead. It cuts to the chase by providing you with what you need to know in an easy-to-peek-at format that saves you tons of time and avoids interpretation errors as well as guesswork.
Small Business Vitals
Our “Small Business Vitals” services will:
- Design and deliver a fully customized dashboard so you can see your company’s financial health at a glance
- Provide you with actionable numbers that you will know what to do with every month
- Cut the clutter and confusion of wading through standard financial reports and bring clarity and confidence to your business decision-making
- Save you tons of time by focusing on exceptions you need to manage and not what’s humming along just fine
Ready to Take Your Business’ Vital Signs?
If you’re ready to get your small business vitals, give us a call or email us so we can provide you with a free estimate for this service.